Are you looking for a list of phrasal verbs with think?
If so, you have come to the right place.
In this post, we are going to look at 8 popular phrasal verbs, what they mean and how to use them properly in a sentence.
8 Phrasal Verbs With Think (Meaning & Examples)
- Meaning #1: to have someone or something on your mind; to be concerned about someone.
- Use in a sentence #1: She was thinking about her mom all day long.
- Meaning #2: to take something into consideration; to think carefully
- Use in a sentence #2: Before I accept the job, I want a little time to think about it.
- Meaning: to think about the consequences of a decision. To think about what may or may not happen in the future. To plan.
- Use in a sentence: My Dad always told me that in order to be successful you need to always be thinking ahead.
- Meaning: to think about something that happened in the past; to reminisce
- Use in a sentence: Try to think back to when you were a child.
- Meaning: to have an opinion about someone or something.
- Use in a sentence: I don’t think of you as a boss, I think of you as a close friend.
Think (something) Out
- Meaning: To take into consideration all the possibilities of a decision or action.
- Use in a sentence: Before making a decision it is important to take some time and think it out.
- Meaning: To consider something carefully before making a decision.
- Use in a sentence: He took some time to think over my business proposal before saying yes.
- Meaning: to consider all the possibilities of a decision or action.
- Use in a sentence: I don’t like to make quick decisions, I need time to think it through.
- Meaning: to create a new idea or plan
- Use in a sentence: We need to think up a good plan to get him back.