Instructions: Go through the vocabulary below with your students. Next, ask them to use this vocabulary in the conversation section below.
Useful Phrasal Verbs About Personality
Useful Idioms About Personality
- To wear one’s heart on one’s sleeve – To openly show or express your emotions or feelings.
Example sentence: “She wears her heart on her sleeve and is always honest about how she feels.“
- To be an old soul – Someone who is wise or mature beyond their years.
Example sentence: “Despite being young, she’s an old soul and has a deep understanding of life.“
Useful Vocabulary Words For Personality
Personality ESL Conversation Questions
1. Are you someone who wears your heart on your sleeve? Why or why not? How does it impact your relationships with others?
2. Do you consider yourself to be an old soul? Why or why not?
3. Have you ever been in a situation where someone looked down on you? How did it make you feel, and how did you handle it?
4. How long does it typically take for you to warm up to someone new? Do you find it easier or more challenging depending on the context or the person?
5. Do you believe that tastes and preferences can grow on someone over time? Can you share an example of something you didn’t like at first but now enjoy?
6. In what areas of life do you think being meticulous is most important? Can you think of any professions or activities that require a meticulous approach?
7. Can you think of a time when you wished you had been more assertive? What happened, and what did you learn from that experience?
8. Would you consider yourself a perceptive person? How do you think being perceptive benefits you in your daily life?
9. How would you describe your own personality?
10. Are there any specific personality traits that you think are important for success in the workplace? Why?
11. Do you think people can change their basic personality type?
12. If you could change any aspect of your personality, what would it be?
13. What personality traits do you consider important in a good friend / a boss / a partner?
14. Are you more of an extroverted or introverted person? How does being extroverted impact your daily life?
15. Does society reward extroverted behavior more than introverted behavior?
16. What are the advantages of being an introvert? Can you think of any situations where introversion can be beneficial?
17. What are the advantages of being an extrovert? Can you think of any situations where extroversion can be beneficial?