Instructions: Go through the vocabulary below with your students. Next, ask them to use this vocabulary in the conversation section below.
Useful Phrasal Verbs about Leadership
Useful Idioms about Leadership
- Be in the driver’s seat
- Set the tone
- Lead by Example
- Touch base
Useful Vocabulary Words For Leadership
Leadership ESL Conversation Questions
1 What qualities are essential to be a good leader?
2. Do you believe that leadership is an innate quality, or can it be learned?
3. What leadership experience have you had, and what did you learn from it?
4. What leadership style do you prefer?
5. Do you think it’s more important for a leader to be respected or liked by their team? Why?
6. Do you think that being a manager is a good job? Why/why not?
7. In your opinion, what are some of the biggest challenges that leaders face in today’s business world?
8. Do you think a leader should always lead by example? Why or why not?
9. How do you think a leader should handle conflict within a team?
10. Have you ever disagreed with a decision made by a leader? How did you handle it?
11. Do you think leaders should focus more on achieving results or on supporting their team members? Why?
12. How important do you think communication is for a leader? What are some effective communication strategies?
13. Can a leader be successful without a good team? Why or why not? Give an example
14. What do you think is the difference between being a leader and a manager? Are there any?
15. How do you think leaders can balance the needs of their team with the goals of the company?
16. How can leaders help their team members to manage their workload and avoid burnout?
17. What role do trust and respect play in successful teamwork?
18. What is delegation and why is it important in the workplace?
19. What are some benefits of delegating tasks to others?
20. What are some common barriers to effective delegation?
21. How can leaders determine which tasks to delegate and to whom?
22. How can leaders monitor progress and provide feedback when tasks are delegated?
23. How can leaders ensure that delegation does not lead to micromanagement or a loss of control?
24.How can leaders encourage their team members to take on more responsibilities and tasks?