Instructions: Go through the vocabulary below with your students. Next, ask them to use this vocabulary in the conversation section below.
Useful Phrasal Verbs about Entertainment
Useful Idioms about Entertainment
- To sing your heart out
- A museum piece
Useful Vocabulary Words For Entertainment
- Binge watch
- Live stream
- All nighter
- To go out / to stay in
- Chick flick (informal)
Entertainment ESL Conversation Questions
1. What do you like to do in your free time?
2. What is your favorite TV show and why?
3. Do you prefer going to the movie theater or watching movies at home?
4. What is the best movie that you have ever seen? Why did you like it?
5. What is the worst movie that you have ever seen? Why didn’t you like it?
6. Have you ever been on a road trip or traveled to a different country? If so, where did you go?
7. Do you enjoy reading? If so, what types of books do you enjoy reading? (e.g. romance, mystery, science fiction)
8. What is your favorite board game or card game to play?
9. Describe how you would spend a typical weekend.
10. Would you prefer to spend time with friends at a bar or in a coffee shop? Explain your answer.
11. What is your favorite type of music to listen to?
12. Have you ever been to a concert? If so, what can you tell me about it?
13. Do you prefer to watch TV shows or movies? Why?
14. Tell me about the last thing you binged watched on Netflix.
15. Have you ever hosted a party? If so, tell me about it.